As the “People’s President,” Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam made significant contributions to science, particularly in the areas of missiles and space. While giving a speech in Shillong on July 27, 2015, he passed away after a heart arrest. Here we compiled the finest, inspiring quotes by the peoples president.
APJ made a significant contribution to society and science, and that will live on in memory. The citizens of this nation can take inspiration from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam‘s life. He rose from humble beginnings to become India’s 11th President in 2002. Dr. Kalam spent over forty years of his life working for the DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation).
Here are a 10 inspiring quotes from the People’s President on APJ Abdul Kalam anniversary
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
- “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.”
- “Determination is the power that sees us through all our frustration and obstacles. It helps in building our willpower which is the very basis of success.”
- “Youth should not accept any compromise or lower their sights. A society that its youth crawl in conformity and enforces dogmas on their aspirations can never flourish.”
- “Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.”
- “For great men, religion is a way of making friends; small people make religion a fighting tool.”
- “If you want to leave your footprints On the sands of time Do not drag your feet.”
- “You cannot change your future, but you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.
- “Two rules for a peaceful life: Depression in failure should never go to heart, and ego in success should never go to the brain.
- “If you fail, never give up because FAIL means “First Attempt In Learning.”
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, the former president of India, was a nuclear scientist, writer, poet and educationist. He died on July 27, 2015 at the age of 83. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen (APJ) Abdul Kalam had excelled in different fields and served the nation till his death.
Also known as people’s president, Kalam was also conferred with the Bharat Ratna for his contribution to nuclear science.
Born in Tamil Nadu’s Rameswaram, the 11th president of India APJ Abdul Kalam was also known as the ‘Missile Man of India’. He served as the president between 2002 and 2007.
A vital contributor to the 1998 Pokhran-II nuclear tests, Dr Kalam worked with the DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) for nearly four decades.
He was honored with the highest civilian honor- Bharat Ratna and he continued to work for the welfare of society till his last breath. He made sure to meet the youth of the country through visits and lectures in colleges.