In his characteristic, enigmatic Independence day Speech today (15th August) from the Red Fort to commemorate 75 years of Independence India , Shri Narendra Modi reaffirmed his belief, and his vision, the spirit of “Team India” will take the country forward and help fulfill the dreams of 130 crore Indians, said PM Modi, before giving his signature Jai Hind, and Bharat Mata ki Jai sign off at the Red Fort.
15th August: Here are the Ten compelling message to his countrymen on the eve of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
- I congratulate all Indians and those who love India on this Independence Day. It is a day to step towards a new direction with a new resolve. India’s flag now flies high around the world.
- The citizens are thankful to Mahatma Gandhi, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Babasaheb Ambedkar and Veer Savarkar among the many who gave their lives to attain Independence. This nation is thankful to Mangal Pandey, Tatya Tope, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru, Chandrashekhar Azad, Ashfaqulla Khan, Ram Prasad Bismil and our innumerable revolutionaries who shook the foundation of the British Rule.
- When we speak of the freedom struggle, we can’t forget the tribal community. Bhagwan Birsa Munda, Sidhu-Kanhu, Alluri Sitarama Raju, Govind Guru — there are innumerable names who became the voice of the freedom struggle and inspired the tribal community to live and die for the country, Narendra Modi stated.
- India is the mother of democracy. India has seen a lot of ups and downs in the last 75 years. There have been sorrows as well as achievements in these years. We faced natural calamities, wars and other problems. But unity in diversity became our guiding power.
- In 2014, the citizens of the country gave me the responsibility to lead the country. I am the first person born after Independence who received the opportunity to address the nation from this Red Fort. The ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ campaign is an example of the entire nation coming together to celebrate the spirit of our glorious country.
- In the coming years, we have to focus on Panchpran (five promises) — First, to move forward with bigger resolves and a resolve of developed India; second, erase all traces of servitude; third, be proud of our legacy; fourth, focus on our strength of unity; and fifth, fulfil the duties of citizens with honesty, which should be done by the Prime Minister and Chief Ministers as well.
- After 75 years, we have heard the proud sound of a Made-in-India weapon during the Independence Day gun salute. I salute the armed forces for this feat. I also salute the children who are saying no to imported toys. When a 5-year-old says no videshi, Aatma Nirbhar Bharat runs through his veins.
- We always remember Lal Bahadur Shastri ji’s slogan of “Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan”. Later, A B Vajpayee added “Jai Vigyaan” to this slogan. Now, we need add “Jai Anusandhan” (research and innovation). Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan, Jai Vigyaan aur Jai Anusandhan.
- Corruption, nepotism two main challenges. Until and unless people have the mentality of penalizing the corrupt, the nation cannot progress at the optimum pace.
- Another evil we need to come together against is nepotism. We need to give opportunities to those who are talented and will work towards the progress of the nation
The spirit of “Team India” will take the country forward and help fulfill the dreams of 130 crore Indians, said PM Modi, before concluding his speech today (15th August 2022) at the Red Fort.