COVID-19 here is the round-up of Covid cases, vaccinations, and what’s happening in the Olympics 2020 as of today.
- Bharat Biotech to pursue COVAXIN trials and introductions approvals in Brazil
- India reports 29,689 fresh COVID cases, 42,363 recoveries, and 415 deaths in the past 24 hours Active cases: 3,98,100 .Total recoveries: 3,06,21,469 Death toll: 4,21,382Total vaccination: 44,19,12,395
- India has administered over 44 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccine so far. More than 44.19 crore vaccine doses have been administered cumulatively, with 66 lakh doses inoculated yesterday: Ministry of Health
- 4 new COVID-19 cases in Olympic Games village, two of them athletes Four residents of the Olympic Games village, including two athletes, are among the seven new COVID-19 cases that the event organisers announced on Tuesday.
- Covid hitting poor and conflict nations worse this year, says UN
The COVID-19 pandemic is hitting conflict-ridden and impoverished countries much worse this year than in 2020, with many facing higher caseloads and rising deaths, the U.N.’s deputy humanitarian chief warned Monday. Ramesh Rajasingham said in a closed briefing to the U.N. Security Council that these surges are being fueled by a lack of access to vaccines, an easing of public health measures, increased social mixing, and the spread of the delta variant to at least 124 countries, including 17 fragile and conflict-affected nations
- Over 60s living in the UK and the US who had more virtual contact during the pandemic actually experienced a greater increase in loneliness, new research concludes on Monday. The research, by sociologists in the UK and Canada, showed a notable increase in loneliness in the US and a decline in general mental well-being in the UK following the outbreak of COVID-19