Apple iOS 16 update will be out today, September 12. iOS 16 is expected to introduce new personalisation features, and more thus enriching the iPhone experience for users. “iOS 16 enhances iPhone with all new personalisation features, deeper intelligence and more seamless ways to communicate and share.
Available from 12th September,” Apple said. Also, according to the information provided by a Twitter user- AppleTrack, Apple has confirmed that emergency SOS via satellite will launch in November as part of iOS 16.1.
“Apple has CONFIRMED that Emergency SOS via Satellite will launch in November as part of iOS 16.1,” AppleTrack tweeted. It can be known that Apple has unveiled four iPhone 14 models- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max along with several other products including Apple Watch Series 8, Watch Ultra, Watch SE, AirPods Pro 2 at its Far Out event held on September 7.
Also, all the iPhone 14 models will be supporting iOS 16. Needless to say, other iPhones like iPhone X, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13 and more will get iOS 16 too.
Here are the best 10 new features of iOS 16
iOS 16 enhances iPhone with all‑new personalisation features, deeper intelligence and seamless ways to communicate and share.
- Lock Screen: You will get all-new ways to personalise your Lock Screen. You will be able to showcase your favourite photos, customise font styles and display a set of widgets to get information at a glance. You will also be able to switch your Lock Screen throughout the day, just touch and hold it, and then swipe.
- Create multiple Lock Screens: You can now create different Lock Screens, each with a unique backdrop and style, and easily switch between them.
- Browse a gallery of wallpapers with suggested photos and themed collections for inspiration.
- Widgets on the Lock Screen: You can choose to display a set of widgets as part of your Lock Screen to glance at information like the weather, time, date, battery levels, upcoming calendar events, alarms, time zones and Activity ring progress.
- Notifications: View notifications on the Lock Screen in an expanded list view, stacked view or hidden view. And notifications appear at the bottom of the screen, so they stay out of the way.
- Easily set up a Focus: A new streamlined setup for Focus lets you select the apps and people you want to receive notifications from by either allowing them or silencing them.
- Connect your Lock Screen to your Focus so the look and feel of your iPhone match how you want to use it in the moment.
- Safari: Share tabs and bookmarks, send messages and start FaceTime right from Safari. Whether you’re planning a trip with friends or shopping for a couch with your partner, you can share all the tabs in one place. And when they find something great, they can add tabs too.
- Home: The Home app is rebuilt from the ground up to be even more efficient and reliable. Navigate all your smart home accessories in the redesigned Home tab.
- New categories for climate, lights, security and more let you access relevant accessories with just a tap. And a multi-camera view puts your smart home cameras front and centre.
Edit a message You can edit a message for up to 15 minutes after sending it. Recipients will be able to see a record of edits made to the message. Undo send
Unsend any message for up to 2 minutes after sending it.
Mark as unread : Mark messages as unread when you don’t have time to respond but want to be sure to reply to the sender later.
Recover recently deleted messages: You can recover recently deleted messages for up to 30 days after deleting them.
There are several interesting features you can experience. Find out more here https://www.apple.com/in/ios/ios16/features/.