Tata Motors share price hit a new 52-week high on May 15, 2023, after the company reported strong earnings for the fourth quarter of the financial year 2022-23.
In Q4FY23, Tata Motors surpassed estimates in consolidated net profit to ₹5,407.79 crore in the fourth quarter of FY23, against a net loss of ₹1,032.84 crore in the same quarter a year ago. Sequentially, the Q4FY23 PAT saw a growth of nearly 83%.
Tata Motors had on Friday reported a second consecutive quarterly profit, helped by price hikes and strong demand for cars in its luxury Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) stable as well as for commercial trucks. The company posted a consolidated net profit of Rs 5,408 crore for the January to March quarter, compared with a loss of Rs 1,033 crore in the year-ago period.
Analysts say that Tata Motors’ share price is likely to continue to rise in the coming months, as the company is expected to benefit from a number of factors, including debt reduction, strong earnings, and a positive outlook for the auto industry.
On a consolidated basis, revenue from operations stood at ₹1,05,932.35 crore in Q4FY23, as compared to ₹78,439.06 crore in Q4 of previous fiscal. In December 2022 quarter, the revenue was at ₹88,488.59 crore.
Tata Motors stock traded at ₹534 apiece up by ₹18.35 or 3.6% on BSE today. In the few minutes of opening, the stock had hit a new 52-week high of ₹537.15 apiece.
Here are five key triggers that are expected to drive Tata Motors share price in the coming months
- Debt reduction: Tata Motors has been aggressively reducing its debt in recent months. The company’s debt-to-equity ratio has come down from 1.2 times in March 2022 to 0.8 times in March 2023. This is expected to improve the company’s financial health and make it more attractive to investors.
- Strong earnings: Tata Motors has been reporting strong earnings in recent quarters. The company’s net profit for the financial year 2022-23 grew by 100% to Rs 4,502 crore. This is expected to continue in the coming quarters, as the company benefits from a recovery in the auto industry.
- Positive outlook for the auto industry: The Indian auto industry is expected to grow by 10-12% in the financial year 2023-24. This is expected to benefit Tata Motors, as it is one of the leading players in the Indian auto market.
- New product launches: Tata Motors is planning to launch a number of new products in the coming months, including the new Nexon EV, the Punch, and the Harrier facelift. These new products are expected to boost the company’s sales and earnings.
- Acquisition of Jaguar Land Rover: Tata Motors acquired Jaguar Land Rover in 2008. The company has been investing heavily in JLR in recent years, and this is expected to bear fruit in the coming years. JLR is expected to contribute significantly to Tata Motors’ growth in the coming years.
Overall, analysts believe that Tata Motors is a good investment for the long term. The company has a strong track record, a positive outlook, and a number of growth drivers. Investors who are looking for a long-term investment in the auto sector should consider Tata Motors.